If you are not familiar with what a digital stamp is, it is a stamp that you print from your computer versus using a rubber/clear stamp. Digital stamps are usually a JPEG or PNG image. Many sites offer digital stamps for a fee and/or for FREE! Free Digital Stamps is one of my favorite sites!
Sure Cuts A Lot Tutorial: Print and Cut Out a Digital Stamp Using SCAL*
1) Upload the digital stamp into SCAL by clicking on Place Image.
2) Then select the file and click Open. Note: The image will be huge as shown below. If the image does NOT load into SCAL, you may need to change the file format. Using the Paint application, open the image, than save it as a JPEG image.
4) Add a shape or SVG to the mat. To add a shape, select a shape from the Shape Library in SCAL. To add a SVG, click on the +SVG icon on the toolbar (circled below). Then locate the SVG on your computer and click Open.
5) Resize the shape/SVG and place it around the digital stamp as desired. This will be where the stamp will print and where the shape/SVG will cut. Note: You may want to move the shape/SVG behind the digital stamp so you can center it easier. To rearrange the layers, right click on shape/SVG and select Arrange-->Send to Back.
6) Delete the shape/SVG by clicking on it, then pressing your delete button on your computer's keyboard. Only the digital stamp should be showing on the mat. Note: Make sure you do NOT save
7) Connect your USB cord so that it is connected to your computer (SCAL) and your printer.
8) Place your paper so that it is snug against where the paper feeds into the printer.
9) In SCAL, go to File-->Print. Note: Make sure your printer's properties are set to print color if necessary. Click Print.
11) Delete the digital stamp from the mat so that only the shape/SVG is displayed on the mat.
12) Remove the USB cord from your printer and attach it to your die-cutting machine.
13) Place the sheet of paper at the furthest corner of the mat and make sure your printed digital stamp is face up and placed in the same corner and direction as shown on the mat in SCAL.
14) Load the mat into your die-cutting machine. I use a Cricut and make sure the mat hugs the left-side when loading.
16) The SVG should cut around the digital stamp as shown below.
*This tutorial was developed using SCAL2; however, it should be relevant for SCAL3 as well.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!