I used lots of different elements and techniques to make this layout. I added color to the ivory cardstock using a sponge and glimmer mists. The sun is a modified digital stamp by Tiffany Doodles. If you are not familiar with digital stamps, they are digital images made to look like stamps, which you print out versus using a stamp and ink. Did you know you can cut clean-lined digital stamps in Sure Cuts A Lot using the Trace function? I will show you how to do this in a future post. There are many free digital stamps available online. In fact, there is a blog that provides links to these stamps. Check out the Free Digital Stamps blog here.
I created the journaling in Microsoft Word and enlarged and colored the key descriptive words used (perfect, serene, sunset, and dream).
To enhance the way we felt watching the dolphins jumping, I added a quote by Elegant Wordart by Bethany. I printed the quote on transparency paper to make it easier to center and place on my layout.
Other materials used:
- Glimmers Mists in Tuscan Sun and Lemon Meringue
- Sunset title cut using Sure Cuts a Lot and my Cricut. The font used is "akaDora" by The Scrapping Table. I used the shadow feature to create all 3 layers of the title.
- Rhinestones, brad, and bunched/stapled ribbon to embellish.
I am entering this layout into the following challenges:
- Simply Sunday Challenge at Getting Cricky - must relate to pack your bags/travel
- Shine On Challenge at Do You Stack Up - must include some bling - I used lots of rhinestones and glimmer mist to color the background. Also, I used a digi stamp from Tiffany Doodles which I found on the Free Digital Stamps Blog.