My favorite part of spring is when the Crabapple and Redbud trees blossom so I wanted to include one of these trees in my design. I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) to cut the shapes for this tree as well as most of the other shapes used in this design. I used the hydrangea flower SVG file from the Moonlight Garden Party SVG Collection at SVGCuts to create the blossoms on the tree. The tree trunk I used is from the Camping at Fox Ridge SVG Collection at SVGCuts.
I also wanted to include rain without making it the focus of the design, so I used the scalloped corner free SVG from SVG Cuts to separate the gray/rainy part of the design. The clouds, rain drops, and Robins are from the Robin's Return SVG Collection at SVGCuts.
Other materials used:
- Paper - Cardstock is by Baazill and DCWV, Patterned Paper is by My Minds Eye (29th Street Market)
- Robins - Robin's Return SVG Collection at SVGCuts, I used small black pearls for the eyes and embossed their tummies using my Swiss Dots template and my Sizzix Texture Boutique machine.
- Tulips - free SVG file from SVGCuts
- Butterfly Silhouette - free SVG file from SVGCuts
- Picket Fence - a free SVG file by Penny Duncan Creations
- Grass - from Plantin SchoolBook Cricut Cartridge
- Font used for "Welcome" is PMingLiU-ExtB by Microsoft, I made the font thicker using the shadow function
- I used 3D foam squares by Therm-O-Web to pop-up the Robins, grass, tree, clouds, and raindrops. I stacked the foam squares 3 high for the "Welcome" title so it looks like it is at the front of the shadow box.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!