Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Gift of Memories!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and is ready for the start of the week!  I am sure there will be lots of last minute Christmas shopping (at least I still have some shopping to do!), and holiday parties!  I spent the day celebrating Christmas with my mom's side and we certainly had fun!  Lots of smiling and laughing and for some reason, my husband, the comedian, is usually the initiator!  One of the many reasons I love him so much!

As some of you may know, I lost my maternal grandfather a little over a year ago.  I was responsible for creating the photo boards for his funeral - they turned out beautiful - you can see them here.  So this year for Christmas, I decided to give everyone in my family CDs containing all of the photos I had gathered as well as all of the documents my grandmother had given me about our family's heritage.  I couldn't think of a better gift and my family was definitely appreciative.

I put the CDs in envelopes I created using the Summer Blockbuster SVG kit by SVG Cuts and decorated them using the snowflake from the Clara's Christmas Eve SVG kit by SVG Cuts.  I added the sentiment 'Merry Christmas' from the stamp set "More Merry Messages" by Stampin' Up! and pearls to the snowflakes to make them pop!  The papers I used for the envelopes are from the "Sweet Dreams Holiday Avenue" collection by My Mind's Eye.



 
Other Materials Used:
Sizzix Circle Nesting Dies
Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Old Paper
Stampin' Up! Ink in Crumb Cake
Stampin' Up! Cardstock in Whisper White

Thanks for visiting today!  Hope you have a great week!

Mel

3 comments:

  1. I love this what a great gift to give to your family !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, thoughtful gift for your family!! The CD envelopes are stunning!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel,, what a beautiful Christmas gift! They all will treasure the CD for sure! Great job and so beautifully displayed! Awesome gift idea:) TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete