Saturday, September 21, 2013

October Afternoon Warehouse Sale 2013!

If you have been following my blog, you know how much I LOVE October Afternoon and their products.  I was very fortunate to Guest Design for them last April - you can see what I made with their AWESOME products HERE.

I went to the October Afternoon Warehouse Sale for the first time last year and because I know how awesome it is, I made sure to mark my calendar for this year's sale so I wouldn't miss it!

Last year, I went to the sale on it's opening night and it was fun (you can read my blog from last year HERE)!  This year, I didn't get to the sale until the second day - the earliest I could get there!  I am sure I missed out on some great items as they do say to shop early and often.  I will surely be stopping by again on Sunday to pick up those items I should have got (and can't get out of my head), to see if there are any new items I have to have, and fingers crossed - maybe some slashed prices! (UPDATE 9/22/13: I bought more goodies on Sunday and OA didn't disappoint!  Some prices had dropped and I found some items I had to have!)

The warehouse sale is in Apple Valley, MN - not too far from where I live - about a 30 minute drive.  The sale features great bargains on old and new October Afternoon collections.  The newest collection at the sale was Travel Girl which I was very excited about as I didn't have any in my collection yet!  This year there was a bargain room; however, I thought everything was fairly priced throughout the entire warehouse. Below, I share what I picked up at the sale along with the bargain prices I paid!

First up, I grabbed as much Travel Girl as I could find!  I got the 8x8 paper pad for $5, brads for $2.50, buttons for $1, washi tape for $1.50, and the miscellany pack for $2.  For spending over $50 at the sale, I got the 12x12 patterned paper pack for FREE!!!!  This was a nice surprise and very generous of Mr. and Mrs. October Afternoon!  Can't wait to play with these goodies!


Next up, I picked up 30 sheets of Sticky Keys/Mini Market Alpha Stickers!  They were $3 for 5 sheets!  I usually pay $2.50 per sheet for these yummies.  The sale had most of the varieties that have been released so I surely stocked up!!!!


Next up, I got these sample sized papers from older collections - I am guessing these were used at CHA as sales samples?  These were a steal at 25 sheets for $1!


I also stocked up on goodies from a variety of collections.  From Witch Hazel, I grabbed the Sprinklers for 2 for $5, the miscellany pack for $2, washi tape for $1.50, chipboard shapes for $2, and tin pins for 2 for $3.  From Sasparilla, I got the 8x8 paper pad for $2 and the trims pack for $1.  I got a couple other miscellaneous items too - buttons from Farm Girl and Midway at $1 each, brads from Make it Merry for $2.50 and a 12x12 paper pack for $1!


There were loads of goodies to chose from so making the final selections to purchase was difficult!  If you are in the area, I hope you are able to make the sale.  The selections and bargains were terrific and the employees were all very pleasant and helpful.  You are sure to be smiling ear-to-ear when you walk into the warehouse!

Melanie

4 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! OA is my favorite! I think I own one of everything, but I'd love to go to the sale one day to stock up on more. A bit of a drive from SE Michigan, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like some AWESOME goodies! I would love to check that out sometime. Is the sale the same time of yr every year? I am only a couple hours to the cities and would love to check this out!
    Can't wait to see what you create with all these fabulous finds:)
    Have a great evening Melanie!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherrie! I hope you are having a great time on your sunny vacation! Yes, the warehouse sale is always this time of year and it is worth the travel time and the gas money! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, what fun!! It looks like you scored an awesome cache of goodies!! I can't wait to see what you create with it!! I hope you are doing well and having a great week!!

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete