Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tattered Floral Challenge!

I am a procrastinator - wish I wasn't, but I am!  I am finally getting around to making something for the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Challenge - only one day left to enter!!!!!

My papercrafting style changes depending on the materials I use (at least I think it does).  I love cute and fun, and I love vintage and my Tim Holtz products!  I consider the card I made for this challenge to fall in the latter.  I used the Tattered Floral Die by Sizzix/Tim Holtz to make the pretty tissue and tulle flower on this card.  As you may have guessed, using this die is a requirement for the challenge.  :)


To make the flower, I cut 2 of the largest flower and 4 of the medium flower.  The tissue I used is called "Terminology" by Tim Holtz Idea-ology.  It cut very easily with the die - it has a waxy texture so it doesn't rip easily!  I colored the flower cuts with colored misting spray and while wet, crinkled them up.  Once dry, I unfolded the cuts, then layered them on top of each other (the largest flower cuts on the bottom).  I also layered in some tulle to give the flower more dimension and added distress ink and liquid pearls to the edges, tissue leaves, and a pretty button to the center.



The friendship sentiment is a stamp by Tim Holtz (Heartfelt collection) and the pretty ribbon is from Stampin' Up!.

I have some news I really wish I could share too!  All I can say at this point is that I will be guest designing for a truly awesome scrapbooking company in the near future.  I am beyond excited!!!!

That's it from me for now.  Hope your day was/is awesome!  :)

Mel

Materials:
-Sizzix/Tim Holtz Bigz Die - Tattered Florals
-Patterned Paper by My Mind's Eye

-Terminology Tissue by Tim Holtz Idea-ology
-Stamps by Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Visual Artistry 'Heartfelt' Collection
-Cardstock by Recollections
-Ribbon by Stampin' Up!

-Button by Papertrey Ink
-Pink Ballon Sprinkler by October Afternoon
-Distress Ink in Vintage Photo by Tim Holtz
-Liquid Pearls in Platinum Pearl by Ranger

-Blossom Builder Punch by Stampin' Up! (Leaves)
-Tulle

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Your tattered floral looks amazing!! What a beautiful card!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete