Saturday, March 23, 2013

This and That, Playing with Scraps!

Happy Saturday!  The weather is warming up a little bit in Minnesota, though we are a long way from it feeling like Spring here.  My driveway is an ice skating rink!!!!

Today I wanted to share a card I made using scraps from the Echo Park This & That Charming collection.  I love this collection - the color palette can be masculine or feminine.  My life has turned upside down over the last few months, so I felt like making a card that exudes encouragement - "You are Brave, Clever, Strong."


I had lots and lots of fun playing with the papers in the collection.  I cut out the banner from the "Border Strips" paper, got it wet, crumbled it up, then layered them on top of each other.  I love the effect it created!


The word cards are cut from the "Primer" paper.  For the background of the card, I used several papers from the collection.  I love creating my own backgrounds using multiple patterns - it always seems to make the card pop!


To finish the card off, I added some Caribbean twine from The Twinery.  I am playing with the banners challenge at The Twinery blog!

Here's to hoping your day is full of encouragement!

Mel

Materials:
-This & That Charming Collection by Echo Park (Paper and Stickers)
-Cardstock by Recollections
-Twine in Caribbean by The Twinery
-Button from Papertrey Ink
-Staples
-Distress Ink in Vintage Photo by Tim Holtz

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely fabulous!! I love the design!! The papers you used are beautiful!! And the banners on the bottom are so awesome!! What a gorgeous card!! I love it!! Happy Saturday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super F*U*N card Mel! I love all the different patters and the banners are FABULOUS!!! Very cool:) I hope things are getting better for you...keep your chin up my friend!
    Have a great evening!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the little details! Thanks for playing along with The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW girl this is AMAZING! Thank you so much for joining us over at The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! Hey, you're from Minnesota too? I live up by Brainerd...weather is TERRIBLE isn't it! I'm finally going to get outside to walk the dogs today...it's been awhile lol!

    ReplyDelete