Friday, February 25, 2011

A Fun, Whimsical Layout Using Print and Cut in Sure Cuts A Lot

Today, there are contractors at my house tearing up our ceiling because we had an ice dam that leaked into our home.  Not so much fun!  So, I thought why not craft to improve my spirits!  :)  Below is a fun, whimsical layout I just finished and wanted to share with you. 



We went to Ghirardelli Square while in San Francisco and the atmosphere there was so fun, not to mention their sundaes were awesome!  I wanted to capture the atmosphere in this layout and I think I accomplished that.  When I look at this page, I feel like I am there.  I wanted to use all 4X3 pictures across the page, except for the large photo at the top.  One of the photos was a 4X6 so I cut it in half to match the others.

I used the Print and Cut functions in SCAL for the "Freeze the Moment" caption on the page.  It is so easy to do, I just love it!  Just load your paper (any size, as long as it will fit the size of the image) into the printer and print from SCAL, then place at the corner of your mat, load into your Cricut, and cut from SCAL!  The only step in between is moving your USB cord from your printer to your Cricut.  So easy!

Other materials used:
  • Thickers stickers for "Ghirardelli"
  • LD Petticoat Black font for "Square" available for purchase at Lettering Delights
  • Loopy Ribbon free SVG (behind the title) is available at Life on the Lamb
  • "Freeze the Moment" caption and Sundae are from the LD Sweet Treats doodlebat font available for purchase at Scrap N Fonts (sister site to Lettering Delights).  Now available as an SVG set here at Lettering Delights!
  • Label for the caption was a free SVG by MTC SCAL-E Files
  • Striped paper is from the Sweet Stack by DCWV
  • Polka dot paper is by DCWV

6 comments:

  1. Great layout Mel! I still haven't perfected my print and cutting with SCAL - it seems to be off a littlte. Anyway, the link to the Scrappy Saturday's with the Bug is now fixed. You can link your project until midnight tomorrow night. I look forward to you joining us! Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for fixing the link. I haven't had any issues with Print & Cut yet, but I always make sure I line up my mat the same everytime when loading into my Cricut. I put the mat up against the left side. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - that is what I do but my cut seems to be off a little. I did read somewhere about calibrating your cricut and saw that as on optiom in scal the other day - I need to try that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where to find a tutorial with Print & Cut SCAL?
    Thank You!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used this video by Getting Cricky (link below) to get familiar with print and cut in SCAL. I haven't had any issues, but I have heard others have and am not sure why. I hope you find this video helpful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34AKEBDN6Tw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your response.
    Tutorial writing is easier because of the translation.
    But I'll try and watch the video!
    You are very kind.
    Who found the tutorial I made? learned?
    kisses

    ReplyDelete