Thursday, February 17, 2011

Using Quotes on Scrapbook Pages and Cards

I like adding quotes to my scrapbook pages because quotes often capture my feelings and the emotions of the moment better than I can put them into words.  My husband and I thought the island of St. Lucia was so beautiful so I used this Ralph Waldo Emerson quote (Word Art by Bethany) to capture how we felt when we were there.



Here is how the whole scrapbook page turned out.  I used my Cricut and SCAL to cut the leaves which were a free SVG file from My Scrap Chick and to cut the St. Lucia title.  The font used for the title is the "akaDora" free font at Scrapping Table.  I added paper flowers, brads, and rhinestones to embellish the page.



I have used quotes on my cards as well.  I made the below card for my nephew for his birthday.  He is a huge Nascar fan so I wanted to use this theme for the card.  I googled "Nascar quotes"  and found this hilarious Jeff Foxworthy Redneck joke and just had to use it.  I added to the end of the quote to personalize it for my nephew and added a personal message inside the card.  I used fonts by Kevin & Amanda Free Scrapbooking Fonts to make this card.

 

 
Thanks for looking. 
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment