Sunday, May 8, 2011

For My Mom

**For the Disney Blog Hop, click HERE**

Happy Mother's Day!  Today, my siblings and I are taking our mom out to lunch and I can't wait to give her this card that I made.  I am diggin' the vintage feel of this card!

I love to create my own background paper using white or ivory paper, lots of glimmer mist, and digi stamps, and this was my first time adding an embossed stamp.  I love how this turned out so I will definitely be adding more embossed stamps to my backgrounds in the future! 

 

Materials:
  • Butterfly silhouette SVG by SVGCuts (cut with Cricut using Sure Cuts A Lot).  SVG is no longer available.
  • "Mom" digi stamp by Vickie Fernandez (printed on card using Sure Cuts A Lot)
  • Star glitter and gold embossing powder by Martha Stewart Crafts
  • Glimmer mists in Tiger Lily, Tuscan Sun, Olive Vine, and Riptide
  • Pearl accents by Recollections
  • Flourish stamp by Stampin' Up!
  • Butterfly embossed using Tim Holtz Cracked template and Sizzix Texture Boutique

I have entered this project in the following challenges and link-ups:
Claudia & Company Challenge 81 - Butterflies
More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday - Mother's Day
Paper Cutz Challenge 90 - Mother's Day
Sentimental Sundays Challenge 54 - Anything Goes
                                                                                 
Melanie

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Love that pretty butterfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I hope you all have a wonderdul and Happy Mother's Day! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Mother's Day card and hope you had a good time with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following me
    I have blog candy you can win
    need to come and post on by 5/16/11 if you have not
    http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-candywhat-i-what-for-my-birthday.html
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mothers day card is GORGEOUS! I love the colors and all the glimmer misting you did. This part is so elegant and the perfect Mom day card.I am sure she loved it. I hope you enjoyed your lunch with her:)

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for playing in our Sentimental Sunday challenge! Your creation is just lovely! I hope to see you playing with us again very soon! Good luck!

    ♥ Lisa SSDT

    ReplyDelete