Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Winter Card

It seems a bit early for winter projects, but I could not resist making a card with this adorable snowman stamp that I received with my last order from Unity Stamps! 


I wanted the focus to be on the cute snowman and I used some crayons to color in his carrot nose and stocking hat and scarf.  I am not a stamp coloring pro by any means, so I tried to keep the coloring to a minimum.  After coloring him, I added glitter to give him that snowy feel. 


 
To give the card more texture and dimension, I created a multi-layered snowflake using two snowflake SVGs by Bird's Cards.  These SVGs are free on the Bird's Cards site, so pick them up if you haven't already.  Once I cut the snowflakes out, I dowsed them with glimmer mist and glitter and added the button with the twine in the center.


Materials Used:
'One of a Kind Winter' Itty Bitty Stamp set by Unity Stamps
Snowflake SVGs by Bird's Cards
Twine by Stampin' Up
Button by Autumn Leaves
Hexagon Stickers are from the My Mind's Eye All is Bright Collection
Patterned papers by MME and Stampin' Up
Gems by Creative Charms
Glitter by Martha Stewart Crafts
Scalloped Border Punch by Stampin' Up

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
WCMD Unity Stamps Challenge #7 - Coloring
Scrap Fit Warm-Up #32 - Buttons and/or Bows

Thanks for visiting!
Mel

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome card!! I love the layers and fun sparkle!! So festive and fabulous :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the snow falling on the snowman and all the detail on the card!! Lovely Holiday card :)
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable Christmas card! I love all the sparkles, and the bow & button are perfect! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love that button in front of the snowflake ... a great combo! The glitter just adds the perfect touch too! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapFit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the glitter really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Love all the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete