Monday, October 29, 2012

Haunting Monsters Shadow Box!

Halloween is only a couple days away!!!!  Today I was given the okay to share a spooky shadow box I made for the first issue of Cutting Edge Magazine!  The second issue of the magazine will be coming out in a couple days! 

My husband and I met while we worked together at a family amusement park.  Towards the end of the season, we would get to dress up as Monsters, walk around the park, and entertain the guests.  Most kids loved us, but some of the younger ones would get scared by us - even if we were friendly and wanted to give them a hug!  :)  To display these memories, I decided to use Lori Whitlock's SVGs and make a shadow box my husband and I can enjoy during the Halloween season. 


Here are some close-ups so you can see all of the details better!








 
I love the peeking ghost I added to the picture!  It reminds me of the end of the Haunted House ride at Disney World where the ghost is riding with you.


The paper I used is from a digital kit, Trick or Treat Paper Pack by Sara Schmutz, available at Design House Digital.  DHD has super cute papers and you can get what you want right away - just purchase online, download and print!

SVGs by Lori Whitlock:
11.3x11.3 Shadow Box
Tombstone - Halloween Set 1
Tombstone Background, Corner Web and Ghost - Halloween Embellishments 2
Jack-o-lantern and Bats - Halloween Words
Hanging Spider - Halloween Icons
Halloween Label

Other materials:
Frightmare Font by Lettering Delights
Victorian Border Die by Papertrey Ink
Banner Dies by Papertrey Ink
Letter Dies by Papertrey Ink
Circle Punches by Stampin' Up!
Ribbon by Prairie Bird Boutique
Twine by The Twinery
Googly eyes by TPC Studios
Cardstock by Recollections

In case you missed my earlier post today, I am featured on the ScrapFIT blog today.  Check it out HERE and learn more about me!  I will be back before Halloween with another project or two to share!

Mel

2 comments:

  1. WOW, this is so fabulous!! I love the design and all of the cuts you used!! The embellishments are perfect!! Awesome project - I absolutely love it :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC project! WOW, your papers and cuts are awesome! Such a fabulous job on the embellishments too!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete