Sunday, October 7, 2012

World Card Making Day Celebration - Challenge #3 Embossing

More fun being had here!  I made another card for one of the Unity Stamp challenges going on for World Card Making Day.  I chose to make a card using stamp embossing, which is challenge #3 at Unity.

I am obsessed with banners (so is everyone else it seems) so I chose to layer a bunch a banners for this card.  I wanted to make another baby themed card, but not as girlie this time.  I think banners do the trick. 


The 'Cute as a Button' sentiment is from the 'Precious Little One' stamp set by Unity Stamps and Simple Stories. I used a craft ink with embossing powder and a heat gun to give it the glossy/raised look (i.e. stamp embossing - in case you didn't know that already, yeah you probably already do!). 

Other Materials:
The papers are by My Mind's Eye and Recollections, the buttons are from Papertrey Ink and Autumn Leaves, border punch by Stampin Up! and the twine is from The Twinery. 

Some little baby boy is going to get this card, and I am sure his mommy will love it!  ")

Mel

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mel - hope all is well. thanks for your nice comment on my halloween countdown. I have been lovin all these cards you have been making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous!! I love the design and different shapes and dimensions of the banners!! So awesome!! I just returned from vacation and scrolled through all your projects I missed while I was gone. They are all fabulous as always!! I especially love the Happy Halloween card with the ghost peeking out and the Be Merry card!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete