Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Inspiration & Some Exciting News!

I was visiting my friend Carrie this past week and I just couldn't stop thinking about how cute her house was decorated for Halloween.  There was a particular decor project that I just loved and it is so simple to make! 

Check it out below!  Isn't this the cutest! 

 
To make this, she bought some twigs, burlap, and a string of orange lights at a local arts and crafts store.  She cut out moons and stars on her Cricut and attached them onto the twigs.  Then, she wrapped the lights within the twigs, placed some burlap around the base of the arrangement and placed them into a super cute jar that she had.  I don't know about you, but I am making one of these!!!!  You could put a Christmas spin on this too - maybe stars and snowflakes?
 
Thanks to my wonderful friend Carrie for letting me share her project!  She doesn't have a blog, so if you want to leave her some love, please leave a comment on this post. 
 
I have some exciting news to share today too!  I will be guest designing on the Lori Whitlock blog in December!!!!!  I am beyond excited - I LOVE playing with Lori's SVGs!  I recently shared a Halloween shadow box that I made using Lori's SVGs.  The shadow box itself is an SVG (and yes, made of paper!).  Check it out here!  Also, if you are not familiar with Lori Whitlock products, check out her site here.  She designs SVGs, paper for Echo Park, and digital scrapbooking kits at JessicaSprague.com.
 
Tomorrow is going to be a busy day with my husband getting Lasik eye surgery and Halloween and all.  I hope you all have a fabulous, spooky, and fun Halloween! 
 
Mel

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful home decor project, please tell your friend Carrie that I just love it and for sure I will be making one for christmas. Also please tell she should get a blog going, she really does need to show her talent! Have a great week and thanks for sharing your friends ideals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out really cute! This is definitely my style! Love these types of DIY projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your guest dt spot!! How exciting!! And Carrie's Halloween project is so fabulous!! I hope all went well with your husband's Lasik surgery and Happy Halloween :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new design team gig! This project looks awesome!
    Happy Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete