Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cute Owl Card

Hi there!  I am back sharing another card!!!!  I am on fire and have been pumping out the cards!  I made this adorable spooky card featuring owls.  I love owls and the owl with the witch's hat is a brand new SVG from The Digi Bistro.  This owl is part of the Spooky Halloween Collection - You have to get this SVG collection, I am in love with it!!!! 


For fun, I added some details to the owl SVG. I used glimmer mist in Haunted Shadow, black inking of the edges, glittery brads for the eyes, and some twine. 


The little owls stamped onto circle punches are from the 'Precious Little One' stamp set by Unity Stamps and Simple Stories.  The papers for the card are from my scrap pile (good way to get use out of them!).  Papers are by Stampin Up (witch hat) and My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Halloween (background papers). The flair is by Paper Play Studio and the Happy Halloween stamp is by My Thoughts Exactly.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:
WCMD Unity Challenge #1 Shaped Card (5 WCMD challenges down, 3 more to go!)
ScrapFit Challenge -  Step Class #9 Paper Piecing
Paper Playtime - Trick or Treat + Die Cut/Punches
Sunday Funday #2 - Link up Party
Little Scrap Pieces Fun Friday - Any Halloween Project
The Kraft Journal - Reuse/Recycle

Melanie

8 comments:

  1. Melanie I am heading over to check them out because I love this card! The owl spilling of the card is a fab design look and the twine on the hat inspired. Thank you so very much for joining the LSP challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN card!! I love Owls and you did such a fabulous job on the paper piecing for this one!! :) Thanks for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! these card is super adorable:) i come over from Karen's blog challenge and hard to take a closer look. TFS and have a great evening.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love owls and this little guy is adorable. Fun card design. ;-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...this is SOOOO cute! That owl...wow! Love this so much :) So glad you worked out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love this Owl!! He is SO CUTE!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to stop in and let you know that we're showing your cute Owl card at The Kraft Journal today, Friday Oct 19 for our Feature Me Friday segment of the blog, be sure to stop by sometime and pick up your Featured Artist button and thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your owl card is adorable! Congrats on being the Friday Feature at TKJ blog.

    ReplyDelete