Thursday, October 18, 2012

WCMD Unity Challenges - Colors & Sketch!

Hi there!  I finished two more cards for the Unity Stamps challenges for World Card Making Day and I am happy to say I have completed all 9 of the challenges now!!!!  Keeping my fingers crossed that I win some goodies!

I made a card for the colors challenge where we needed to use only cream, brown, olive and pumpkin for our card.  I thought this would be hard for me, since I like picking my own color combos, but I love how the card turned out.  I think I am going to make another one!  :) 



For the sentiment, I used the "Love Every Inch" Itty Bitty stamp set by Unity Stamps and Simple Stories.  I used paper by My Mind's Eye and Bazzill.  The hexagon punch is by Creative Memories.

I made a card for the sketch challenge too!  This is the first time I have ever made a card using a sketch.  I love coming up with my own designs; however, this saved me some time and I like how it turned out!  I have a feeling I will use more sketches in the future!  :)

Here is a picture of the sketch for the challenge:
I decided to make my card look like a little package as this is what I saw the first time I looked at this sketch.




I used some foam square stickers on back of the half circle to make it look like the package opens there (only applied the stickers to the bottom portion, the top is attached right to the card).


I used the "On This Journey Together" Itty Bitty stamp set by Unity Stamps and Authentique for the sentiment and the world map stamped images, and I used the "Stars of Worn" background stamp as well.  I cut out lots of stars using my Sizzix BigKick and a Sizzix star die using different materials to add more texture to the card.



I used twine from The Twinery, buttons and a border die from PaperTrey Ink, lace trim from Stampin' Up, and gems from Creative Charms to finish the card.

Also, I am so excited to share that my cute owl card, made the top 3 at Little Scrap Pieces and The Kraft Journal!!!!  I am so honored they picked my card - all of the cards entered into these challenges are amazing, so much talent out there!


Thanks for visiting, come by again soon!  I will be sharing a fun Halloween project one of my besties made!  It is adorable!!!!

Mel

1 comment: