Friday, October 26, 2012

October Afternoon Warehouse Sale - What an Experience!

Last night, my friend Carrie and I decided to brave the cold weather and wait outside in line for the opening of the October Afternoon Warehouse Sale.  Some would call us crazy, but we had such a great time meeting fellow crafters and getting great bargains!

The sale started at 6 pm and as expected, there was a line outside before it started.  Carrie and I got there at 6:10 pm and the warehouse was already full.  The warehouse could hold 40 people at a time so we had to wait for women to come out before we could go in.

There were about 30 women ahead of us in line and it was cold!  It was 38 degrees!!!!  We came prepared with our coats, hats, and mittens and oh what fun we had waiting in line.  I mean this somewhat sarcastically, but also seriously.  The women we met in line were an absolute joy!  Every time someone came out of the warehouse all of the women in line would cheer, knowing they were one person closer to getting inside.  Yes, I cheered right along with them.  Another highlight was the woman in front of me that was blowing soap bubbles while waiting in line.  Too funny!  We finally got inside at 7 pm.

The wait was worth it!  Once inside, the warehouse was lined with boxes and boxes of October Afternoon goodies!  We spent two hours inside though it seemed like 30 minutes - time flies when you are having fun!  Here is what I came out with!


Lots of yummies!  I bought tons of paper - lots of 8x8 paper pads and 12x12 paper packs of 25 or more sheets.  My favorite collections are Witch Hazel, Farmhouse and 5 & Dime, so I grabbed as many goodies of these that I could find!  I think I ended up with enough goodies to play with for many years to come!  :)

Packs of buttons were $1, brads were $4, flash cards and other misc. items were 10 cents each.  8x8 paper pads were $5, ribbon packs were $2, and 25 packs of paper ranged from $7-$12.  For every 4 items purchased within a category, the 5th item was free!  Not to shabby!  The sale goes thru Sunday - see details HERE.

We had such a great time!  Can't wait for next year's sale!!!! 

UPDATE 10/28/12:  I went back for more shopping on the last day of the sale.  The products were marked down further (20-50% lower!), and I got 20% off my entire purchase!  Check out the additional goodies I got below!!!! 


Can't wait to play with all of these goodies!  I love you October Afternoon!!!!

Mel

8 comments:

  1. Please tell me you live in Edmonton! LOL! I want to go to this sale, not fair! Sounds like you had a great time and I love all your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you thought it was worth it! I knew you would spend two hours in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally worth it! You will have to let me know what you got too!

      Delete
  3. Wow, looks like you got a nice little haul there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun to hear all the comments. I work at OA and we have been working out litle tushies off to make sure people had fun and got lots of good deals. You said you had enough stuff for years to come but you'll still have to come back next year for the new stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome!! I saw you mentioned on the OA facebook page and came to check out your blog. Looks like you got tons of cool goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so envious of you getting all these goodies... but at the same time, I'm so happy to know that you must be SO excited about all these new purchases! Looks like you had lots of fun - thanks for sharing! Totally appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete